Friday, September 2, 2011

You can Still catch up

RECONNECTING THE DISCONNECT


No longer able to hold on I release my grip yet still clinging to hope of being able to catch up.

Bobbing and weaving, dipping and dodging emotions, circumstances and the unfulfilled desire to hold on, what a roller coaster it has been but I'm determined to catch up.

I feel a heaviness settling in on my chest, no longer able to see I begin to slip backwards. The horizon is no longer in sight. My momentum is fading. But somewhere in me is still the need to catch
up.

I swallow my pride, I release my fears there's no shame in letting go. Love consumes me, love compels me, love motivates me, I shall catch up.

I'm gaining on love.
I'm gaining on trust.
I'm gaining on strength.
I'm gaining on peace.
I'm gaining on stability.
I'm gaining on the reconnect from the disconnect.
I'm gaining on the unspeakable joy that rebuilt me and relying on the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that allowed me to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment